The month of May is Mental Health Awareness Month. EHS contributes to mental health awareness in numerous ways…let’s keep spreading the word!
Learn more! Sample work of EHS Faculty* who advance Mental Health Awareness:
* EHS faculty names in bold
- Sherrill Sellers, Harold Neighbors, R. Zhang, & James Jackson (2012). The impact of goal-striving stress on physical health of White Americans, African Americans, and Caribbean Blacks. Ethnicity & Disease. 22(1): 21-28.
- Terri Messman-Moore & Rose Marie (2014). Emotion dysregulation and coping drinking motives in college women. American Journal of Health Behavior, 38(4), 553-559.
- Bob Weinberg, Vernau & Thelma Horn. (2012). Playing with pain: Psychological considerations. Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology
- Bob Weinberg, Miller & Thelma Horn. (2012). The influence of a self-talk intervention on collegiate cross country runners. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 10, 123-134.
- Ray Witte & Susan Mosley-Howard– Mental Health Practice in Today’s Schools: Current Issues and Interventions. New York: Springer Publishers. 2014
- Learn about Mental Health First Aid from Susan Mosley-Howard & Amity Noltemeyer
Factoids: Did you know that:
- 20% of American youth and adults have a diagnosable mental illness and most do not receive treatment?
- mental illness has a significant impact on family, school, and work life?
- there is a connection between our mental and physical health?
Web Site Sources with more information about mental health and mental illness: